2018 Schedule

Home Forums Standing Committees Scheduling Committee 2018 Schedule

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

1. Do we wait until the Fall Meeting to start the process or should we begin the process immediately after the season’s end? Or a different time? I think the earliest possible. I would advocate that we have team declare paying as early or possible and to advise us if there is any chance they will not.
    2. Do we have an unbalanced schedule, balanced schedule or semi balanced schedule? I believe that we need to be sensitive to travel costs as the number one priority. I believe we need to play
    3. Do we have an independent party generate the schedule?
    4. Do we limit the number of “Request Dates”? Do we require verification of field unavailability?

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Jeff,
    I can attend the call on the 18th.
    1. Do we wait until the Fall Meeting to start the process or should we begin the process immediately after the season’s end? Or a different time? I think the earliest possible. I would advocate that we have team declare playing as early as possible and to advise us if there is any chance they will not. Perhaps we could award a team for early warning.
    2. Do we have an unbalanced schedule, balanced schedule or semi balanced schedule? I believe that we need to be sensitive to travel costs as the number one priority. I believe we need to play the majority of games intra-division. I am a bit bleary eyed at the moment so I hope I did the table below correctly.
    Intra-division
    Games Teams Divisions Teams/Division Home and Home Total Division Inter-division
    50 15 3 5 8 40 10
    50 15 2 7 and 8 6 and 5 42 and 40 8 and 10
    50 14 2 7 6 42 8
    50 13 2 6 and 7 7 and 6 42 and 42 8
    Inter-division games can be played on a rotating schedule similar to ACC football.

3. Do we have an independent party generate the schedule? Yes
    4. Do we limit the number of “Request Dates”? Yes verified field unavailability should be required of all teams. Do we require verification of field unavailability? All teams should be required to submit their leases or field contracts.
    There will be bonafide requests such as avoiding a county fair. Otherwise gaming the system to avoid Mondays, Tuesdays etc. has to stop. As much as possible, each team should have same day-of-the-week distribution. Any special requests should be offset by a less than favorable day trade.

Those are my thoughts.
    Wayne

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

From Bob:

My take:

I would like to see a two division set up –

Max of 8 games between any two teams –

Would also like to play all of our of our teams at least twice.

The teams with restrictions on dates would go into a pool of having to accept what they get –

It is not fair to teams that have control of their fields to have to work around teams with restrictions. If they can not control their venue then that is their problem. We have had enough of fitting a team with a problem into other teams situations.

I have been thinking a lot about the loaded team schedules to accommodate travel – it is time for teams to bite the cost and play a more balanced schedule.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Keymaster

From Bobby Miller:
    East
    Amsterdam
    Saugerties
    Glens Falls
    Oneonta
    Albany
    Central
    Adirondack
    Utica
    Watertown
    Onondaga
    Mohawk valley
    West
    Jamestown
    Geneva
    Newark
    Elmira
    Victor
    Play everyone in your division 8-10 times
    With victor or without this still works. Between you and I, adk is traveling more miles than anyone in the league. If this realignments doesnt happen with a balanced in division
    schedule adk is likely to leave. Makes no sense for me to play in a division with elmira jamestown newark geneva etc, when i can play in a division with rome, syracuse x2, sherrill, (oneida), cortland and play them all 8 times. I save 15k on travel by switching.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar